Navamsa/ D 9 Chart Prediction Analysis In Vedic Astrology: How to read Navamsa/ D 9 Chart In Vedic Astrology? There are many ways to see the planetary strength in astrology. Navamsa chart is the most important of them. Let’s discuss how can you read a Navamsa or D 9 chart and see a planetary strength as well. Here I am going to discuss only important Navamsa rules without any extra story or exaggeration so that you can link a Navamsa chart with Rashi chart at the time or prediction.
Navamsa/ D 9 Chart Prediction Analysis In Vedic Astrology – Part 1
The Role of Navamsha Lagna Lord:
The position of the Navamsha Lagna Lord plays a pivotal role in determining the timing of marriage:
- Navamsha Lagna Lord in Kendra (Angular Houses): If the Navamsha Lagna Lord is located in a Kendra, or angular house, early marriage is indicated. This alignment signifies that marriage will occur in the earlier years of life.
- Navamsha Lagna Lord in Trikona (Trine Houses): If the Navamsha Lagna Lord is positioned in a Trikona, or trine house, a slight delay in marriage might occur. However, marriage is likely to take place within an appropriate timeframe.
- Navamsha Lagna Lord in Dusthana with Malefic Influence: When the Navamsha Lagna Lord is found in a Dusthana (6th, 8th, or 12th house) and is negatively affected by malefic planets such as Saturn, Mars, Sun, Rahu, or Ketu, marriage is expected to happen beyond the age of 30.
- Extremely Spoilt Navamsha Lagna Lord: If the Navamsha Lagna Lord is severely afflicted, denial of marriage is indicated. Such individuals might not find themselves in marital relationships.
The Nature of the Spouse and Navamsha Lagna Lord
The Navamsha Lagna, often referred to as the “chart of marriages,” is the ninth divisional chart of the birth chart, or Rashi chart. It deals specifically with matters related to marriage, partnerships, and the qualities of one’s spouse. The position and strength of the Navamsha Lagna Lord, which is the ruler of the sign in which the Navamsha Lagna falls, hold significant importance in determining the characteristics and qualities of the spouse.
Well-Placed Navamsha Lagna Lord: A Promise of Harmony
When the Navamsha Lagna Lord finds itself in exalted, Moola Trikona (a dignified position between 4 and 30 degrees in its own sign), or its own house, it signifies the promise of a harmonious and blissful marital life. Such a placement suggests that the native is likely to attract a spouse who is not only physically appealing but also possesses intelligence, cultural refinement, and charm. The presence of the well-placed Navamsha Lagna Lord hints at prosperity and affluence in the conjugal relationship, indicating that both partners are likely to enjoy material comforts and success together.
Benefic Influence: Nurturing a Harmonious Bond
The benefic influence on the Navamsha Lagna Lord plays a pivotal role in shaping the dynamics of the spouse’s qualities. When benefic planets cast their positive aspects on the Navamsha Lagna Lord, it suggests that the spouse is endowed with positive attributes. These qualities could range from kindness, compassion, and patience to a strong sense of commitment and loyalty. Such influences contribute to a harmonious and nurturing relationship, as both partners bring their best qualities to the marriage.
Malefic Influence: Challenges in Compatibility
In astrology, malefic planets are associated with challenges and difficulties. When malefic planets cast their influence on the Navamsha Lagna Lord, it points to potential struggles in the compatibility between the natives and their spouse. The presence of malefic aspects or conjunctions involving the Navamsha Lagna Lord could indicate that the spouse might exhibit mediocre or unfavorable traits. This could lead to clashes, misunderstandings, and difficulties in the marital relationship. However, it’s important to note that astrology provides insights, not certainties, and human behavior is influenced by a multitude of factors beyond planetary positions.
In conclusion, the disposition of the Navamsha Lagna Lord holds valuable insights into the nature of the spouse in Vedic astrology. The position of the Navamsha Lagna Lord and its interactions with benefic or malefic planets offer glimpses into the harmonious or challenging aspects of the marital relationship.
What Is Vargottama Planet In Astrology:
When a planet occupies the same sign in the Rashi chart and Navamsa chart that planet becomes very strong. This is called the Vargottama state of a planet. Even if a planet is debilitated in the Rashi chart but exalted in the Navamsa chart, the planet will regain its strength due to the Vargottama strength but here the same sign rule should be applied.
For example – If Saturn is in Aries in the Rashi chart within 20 degrees, then Saturn is debilitated and does not have any strength to give any result but if that Saturn goes to the same sign that is, in Aries in Navamsa also then planet will regain its strength and will work as a normal strengthened planet
- Strength and Intensification: Vargottama planets are believed to be strengthened and their effects are intensified. This can make the qualities and significance of the planet more prominent in a person’s life.
- Determination and Focus: Vargottama planets can indicate a strong determination and focus in the areas governed by the planet. The person may have a clear sense of purpose related to the planet’s signification.
- Karmic Significance: Vargottama planets are often associated with karmic lessons and tasks. The intensified energy of the planet may indicate that the person has important karmic responsibilities or lessons related to the planet’s qualities.
- Special Abilities: Depending on the planet’s nature and significance, Vargottama planets can grant special abilities or talents in the areas represented by the planet. For example, a Vargottama Mercury could enhance communication skills, while a Vargottama Venus could enhance artistic talents.
- Challenges: While Vargottama planets have their strengths, they can also bring challenges. Intensified planetary energy can lead to extremes, so it’s important for the person to channel the energy in a balanced and constructive way.
- Positive Outcomes: Vargottama planets are often associated with positive outcomes, especially when they are well-placed and well-aspected in the birth chart. They can indicate success, recognition, and fulfillment in the areas represented by the planet.
- Transcendence: Vargottama planets may indicate a potential for transcendence or spiritual growth related to the qualities of the planet. The person might find deeper meaning or insights in the areas represented by the planet.
- Dasa Periods: During the dasa (planetary period) of a Vargottama planet, its effects can be particularly pronounced. This period could bring about significant events or developments related to the planet’s significance.
It’s important to note that the effects of Vargottama planets can vary based on the planet itself, its condition in both the birth chart and the Navamsa chart, and its relationships with other planets. Additionally, Vedic astrology is a complex system that takes into account multiple factors beyond just the Vargottama status of a planet.
What Is Vargottama Lagna Or Ascendant In Astrology:
Unlike a planet, if a Lagna or ascendant occupies the same Rashi or sign then that becomes Vargottama Lagna or ascendant. In this case, also the ascendant or Lagna becomes very strong even if it is under the negative influence of a malefic planet.
- Enhanced Identity and Self-Expression: A Vargottama Lagna strengthens the attributes of the rising sign. This leads to a more pronounced and distinct expression of the individual’s personality traits associated with that sign. They embody the essence of their rising sign in a powerful manner, making their identity more prominent and recognizable.
- Strong Sense of Purpose: Individuals with a Vargottama Lagna often have a clear sense of purpose and direction in life. Their life path aligns closely with the qualities and themes of their rising sign. They are driven by a deep inner knowing of their strengths and potential.
- Amplified Physical and Mental Traits: Physical characteristics and mental traits linked to the rising sign are intensified in individuals with a Vargottama Lagna. This can influence their appearance, mannerisms, and behavioral tendencies, making them stand out in ways that are consistent with their rising sign’s attributes.
- Karmic Significance: A Vargottama Lagna is often associated with karmic patterns and life lessons related to the rising sign’s symbolism. It suggests that the individual has a special role in working through and mastering the qualities represented by their rising sign in this lifetime.
- Heightened Personal Growth: Individuals with a Vargottama Lagna experience accelerated personal growth and self-awareness. Their journey involves embracing and evolving the strengths and challenges of their rising sign. This can lead to profound transformations and self-discovery.
- Stronger Life Themes: The themes associated with the rising sign become prominent life narratives for those with a Vargottama Lagna. These themes often play a significant role in various life areas, shaping experiences, relationships, and pursuits.
- Intensified Relationships and Social Dynamics: The attributes of the rising sign are reflected in the individual’s interactions and relationships. People with a Vargottama Lagna may naturally attract individuals who resonate with their rising sign’s qualities, leading to harmonious connections.
- Spiritual Growth and Self-Realization: The alignment of the Lagna in both charts suggests a profound connection between the individual’s external persona and their deeper spiritual essence. This can facilitate spiritual growth and self-realization as they harmonize their external and internal selves.
It’s important to remember that while having a Vargottama Lagna carries these potential effects, an individual’s complete birth chart, including the positions of planets, aspects, and other factors, influences their life journey in a holistic way.
Exalted Planet in Navamsa Or D-9 Chart:
If a planet (whether it is Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, or Venus) is in the exalted sign in the Navamsa chart then that planet becomes strong enough to give a good result, even if it is debilitated in Rashi chart. If a planet is debilitated in the Rashi chart and exalted in the Navamsa chart then in Dasha and Antardasha, the planet will give good results but with some time delays. If a planet is placed in its own sign in the Navamsa chart then that planet also gets strength even if it is weak in the Rashi chart
Parivartana Yoga In Navamsa Or D 9 Chart:
If two planets (whether it is Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, or Venus) exchange each other’s house or sign in the Navamsa chart then those planets will give good results in their Dasha, and antardasha according to the house lordships
For example – The significator of the 9th house is Jupiter, if Jupiter is placed in the 9th house of the Navamsa chart, the person will be bestowed with good luck and fortune.
Rahu and Ketu in Navamsa Or D 9:
To judge Rahu and Ketu are the same in Navamsa also as per Rashi chart rule but some variations in result can be seen if any house or planet is afflicted by Rahu and Ketu
(Navamsa Chart Prediction) For example – If the 7th house is afflicted by Rahu in Navamsa, then that will not literally mean that there will be a separation between husband and wife. There will be an odd type of behavior toward a spouse, it could be a carefree attitude or not becoming that much duty minded towards the spouse.
7th House In D 9 Or Navamsa chart:
7th house is the house of marriage and Navamsa is the chart of marriage. These two combinations of theories make the 7th house of the Navamsa chart very important for marriage and marital relationships. On the other hand, Venus is the Karaka or significator of marriage. If Venus and the 7th house both are afflicted by malefic planets in the Navamsa chart that gives a stressful married life. If other divorce-related yogas are present in the horoscope, the marriage will not sustain. Even if the divorce or separation yoga is not present in the horoscope still the affliction of Venus and the 7th house in the Navamsa chart will give a frustrated married life.
Career In Navamsa chart/ D 9:
From the Navamsa chart we can get a lot of clues of career connections also. I will discuss in my future articles how to judge a career through the Navamsa chart in detail. But here I am just going to mention one very important point ie when the 10th lord of Rashi chart goes to Navamsa influenced by any planet the career takes shape according to that
For example – If Jupiter is the 10th lord in your Rashi chart or D1, it goes to the Gemini sign in the Navamsa chart then Jupiter gets influenced by Mercury because Mercury is the lord of Gemini. Then your career will be connected with accounts, communication, or writing-related. There are some other ways to specify someone’s career, which I will discuss later.
- : In the case of Navamsa charts aspects of planets are more important than conjunctions (If dual influence is present at the same time).
For example – If any sign or house of Navamsa chart Jupiter and Mercury are in conjunction and Mars is aspecting these two planets, then the influence of Mars on these two planets will be more than the influence of Mercury or Jupiter on each other.
Decoding Progeny/ Offspring Indications in the Navamsha Chart
The 5th house in astrology is often referred to as the house of children and creativity. It encapsulates the joys of parenthood, the wonders of childbirth, and the legacy one leaves through offspring. In the context of the Navamsha chart, which pertains to matters related to marriage and partnerships, the disposition of the 5th house and its ruling planet provides valuable insights into the potential for progeny and the nature of one’s relationship with them.
Benefic Influences: A Sign Of Promise of Offspring
When benefic influences grace the 5th house or its ruling planet in the Navamsha chart, it augurs well for the prospects of having children. These influences suggest a positive and nurturing environment that supports the growth of a healthy and happy family.
The presence of benefic planets casting their auspicious rays upon the 5th house can signify the likelihood of conceiving and raising children who bring joy, vitality, and happiness to the family. Such planetary configurations hint at a smooth and harmonious parenting journey.
Position of the 5th Lord: A Key Indicator
The position of the 5th Lord from the birth chart within the Navamsha chart also holds significant sway over progeny predictions. When the 5th Lord is positioned in the Kendra (quadrant) or Trikona (trine) houses in the Navamsha chart, it indicates positive indications regarding progeny. Kendra houses are considered to be strong and influential, while Trikona houses represent a harmonious flow of energy.
The placement of the 5th Lord in these positions suggests that the native is likely to experience the joys of parenthood with relative ease and happiness. This configuration strengthens the likelihood of having children who thrive and bring pride to the family.
Malefic Afflictions: Challenges on the Horizon
In astrology, malefic planets are often associated with challenges and obstacles. Similarly, when malefic influences afflict the 5th house or its ruling planet in the Navamsha chart, it can signify potential difficulties or lack of happiness regarding progeny. The presence of malefic aspects or conjunctions involving the 5th house can lead to issues related to conception, pregnancy, or parenting. Such afflictions might create hurdles in the path of parenthood or manifest as challenges in the relationship with one’s children.
My Observations On Navamsa/ D 9 Chart:
In my experience, while judging the Navamsa chart I have come across some rules that I haven’t got from any textbook. It is purely my experience and if something is not clear you can ask me in the comment section. I am going to discuss those observations, point by point below.
- When Mars gets connected with Rahu or Ketu in Mercury’s sign in the Navamsa chart (Gemini or Virgo) then skin-related diseases are destined
- When Venus gets connected with Rahu or Ketu in the Navamsa chart that compels the native to marry outside of his or her community and faces a lot of problems in the first phase of antardasha when that person got married
- When Saturn and Moon come together in any sign of Navamsa chart then the person gets very money minded. It is not normal money mindedness it comes with stinginess or a hard-fisted mentality, which becomes more prominent or severe after marriage
- When Moon and Mars come together in any sign of Navamsa especially occupying the 7th or 8th house, this combination gives gynecological problems to women and blood pressure-related diseases to men, especially after marriage. If this combination occupies cancer or Scorpio sign then that becomes more severe
- As I said earlier, Jupiter is the significator of luck or wealth, so the strength of Jupiter in the Navamsa chart makes a person lucky in terms of wealth, especially if Jupiter is in exaltation or in its own sign
- Saturn’s placement in Leo sign in the Navamsa chart does not give good results except when Saturn is Vargattama or occupies the same sign of Rashi chart or Navamsa chart
- Sun represents fiery energy in our body and the sign Aries represents our head, according to medical astrology when Sun occupies the Aries sign in the Navamsa chart that person becomes bald at an early age and then gives a broad forehead
- Mars and Venus combination in the Navamsa chart does not give good results for a healthy marital life and there will be a very high chance of breakup in love affairs before marriage. If the same combination occupies the 7th, 8th, or 9th house of the Navamsa chart then that indicates a lack of trustworthiness between spouses and also indicates extramarital affairs. The same result happens when Mars and Venus also exchange houses in Navamsa or the D-9 chart.
Read Part -2 of this Navamasa lesson Series here –
Writer, Astrologer, Numerologist, Palmist, Vastu Expert, & The Teacher of Occult Subjects Shankar Bhattacharjee, a respected & “well known” name in the Vedic Astrology field. He was born in a traditional Brahmin family in India – West Bengal – near Kolkata, “The City Of Joy”, one of India’s major cities.
Experience: More than 15 Years.
Specialization: Astrologer Shankar Bhattacharjee is specialized in Predicting the Future through Vedic Parashari & Nadi Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry, Vastu & the ancient Horary System.
WhatsApp: +91 9051357099 (not for a free consultation)