Mental illness/ Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia In Astrology: In Horoscope/ Kundli/ Birth Chart: We live in a world where we are surrounded by mentally ill people. As people, we suffer from some medical issues be it mental or physical and there is no one in this world who is 100 % fit psychologically or mentally. Hence, it is very common for people to have one or more specific small mental issues that can sometimes over time lead to ‘mental disorder’. You will find Psychopaths, Schizophrenias, Narcissists, Sociopaths, are everywhere, even among our friends and family. You or somebody from your loved ones might also be afflicted by those specific mental disorders.
Mental Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia In Kundli
The question is, can these disorders be detected from our horoscopes and does astrology play any role in finding out a possible solution for these disorders? The answer is ‘Yes’. Each zodiac sign, houses, planets have their own dominant and altered characteristics, and if a few of these characteristics go to an extreme level, it could definitely result in mental ill-health or disorder.
Signs Of Mental Illness In Astrology
First, become acquainted with the all the planets in astrology, houses, and zodiac signs of a horoscope that address anxiety, depression, and overall mental health state in a natal chart, resulting in long-term and short-term mental problems, and the variations between brief versus prolonged episodic/circumstantial mental instability. The short-term problems are exposed by the malefic transit influences over significant weak natal planets.
The good news is that classical or our traditional Vedic astrological texts did address a few of the possible indicators of severe mental illness.
Much like any astrological work, listings of any medical/spiritual illnesses shouldn’t be interpreted in a literal cookbook recipe fashion but should be applied in a studied, judicious manner, after examining the complete chart.
Schizophrenia Psychological Disorder In Astrology
The“Jataka Tattva”, an astrological scripture lists a few of the next conditions as possible combinations for mental illness:
- The Moon should be afflicted which is the significator of mind
- The Mercury should be afflicted which is the significator of the nervous system
- The Jupiter should be afflicted which is the significator of maturity and wisdom. Particularly, when these three above mentioned planets (Moon, Mercury, and Jupiter) are badly afflicted, then that results in mental illness.
- As the 5th house represents thinking power, wisdom and the logical sense of an individual, then the affliction of this house in the horoscope can lead to mental illness.
- Planet Jupiter in the Lagna or ascendant and Mars is in the 7th house of horoscope or vice versa
- The Saturn is in the Lagna or ascendant and Mars is in the 5th house, 7th house or 9th house
- The Saturn is in the 12th house of a horoscope and closely associated with (degree wise) a waning Moon in the same house
- The Saturn is in the Lagna or ascendant, Mars or the planet Moon in a trine and Sun is in the 12th house of a horoscope
- The Association of planet Saturn and the 2nd house lord associated with the planet Sun or Mars
- The planet Rahu and Moon in the Ascendant or Lagna, with malefic planets in the kona or trines.
- Mandi (a malefic and inauspicious sub-planet that does not actually have any physical or matter like existence in the zodiac but gives many kinds of malefic or inauspicious result) in the 7th house or 5th house, afflicted by any other malefic planet. As previously mentioned this must be corroborated by other indicators such as:
After considerable years of Research (my own), as per astrology following are Significators of Psychiatric Problems:
- Significant Planets to judgemental abilities: Significator of your brain is the Moon. Mercury rules nerves and communication abilities managed by the brain.
- Significant Houses to judgemental abilities: The 4th house and the 5th house.
- Significant Signs to judgemental abilities: Cancer and Leo signs. Afflictions or badly influenced to the significator or karaka planets in Natal houses, and signs can cause the psychiatric complications and mental or emotional difficulties to be actually active for extended or longer periods, where planetary afflictions in transit or gochara can cause short-term disturbances.
Emotional Health, Anxiety, Schizophrenia Significators:
- Depression is indicated by: the 5th house of the horoscope
- Emotional Peace is indicated by: the 5th house of horoscope and Moon
- Mental Peace is indicated by: the 4th house of horoscope and Moon
- Nervous Control is indicated by: the 6th house of horoscope and Mercury
- Natural Karaka or significator of 5th house of the horoscope: the Jupiter
- General Karaka or significator of 4th house of the horoscope: the Moon and the Venus
- Divisional Chart indicates Depression is: D-5 or Panchamsa
In the next Part of this Article I will discuss the followings:
- More details to remember while judging Mental illness, Anxiety, Schizophrenia In Astrology
- Mental illness, Anxiety, Schizophrenia In Astrology according to each zodiac sign
- Planet wise analysis in regards to Mental illness, Anxiety, Schizophrenia In Astrology
- Mars in 10th house Love, Career, Rise, Promotion/ Demotion & More - August 5, 2020
- Property Purchase/buying/selling/Best Time – Nadi Astrology Rules - August 3, 2020
- Moon in 10th house Love, Career, Rise, Promotion/ Demotion & More - July 29, 2020